ACT – Autism Community Training is British Columbia’s leading provider of community-based professional development and parent training in autism and special needs. Since 2010, ACT has provided nearly 20,000 registrants with 165,000 hours of live training featuring leading clinicians and researchers.
In 2019, ACT provided:
- Nearly 22,000 hours of training to over 2,700 registrants featuring provincial and international experts – a 15% increase in hours of training and a 35% increase in registrants over 2018.
- Seven evidence-based training opportunities across a range of topics.
- Web stream training opportunities for 35 BC School Districts and 8 Independent Schools, in partnership with the Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD) and Surrey School District.
- Over $11,000 in bursaries in the form of reduced registration fees for low income registrants.
- One of the highest rates of engagement of any Canadian Facebook page focused on the autism community, with over 6,600 followers.. Follow ACT on Facebook.
In 2019, ACT’s live event web streaming:
- Trained nearly 2,200 registrants across seven web streamed events.
- Reached audiences across B.C. and throughout Canada.
- Provided professional development to both individuals and school teams of up to 100.
- Trained over 1,500 School District employees through district-wide group web stream opportunities.
In 2019, Autism Videos @ ACT (AVA):
- Offered 60 free online videos, edited versions of our live events, at www.actcommunity.ca/videos.
- Added 22 new videos and two new learning streams: Women & Girls with Autism, and Positive Behavior Support.
- Added captions to several of our most popular videos along with auto-generated captions on our YouTube channel.
New videos in 2019:
- Integrating ABA Methods in Schools: Supporting School-Age Children
- INVESTing in Women and Girls with Autism
- Visual Support Strategies for Individuals with ASD
- Family Centred, Culturally Responsive PBS
- Including Students with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities in Schoolwide PBS: All Means ALL!
- PBS – Working Together to Support Children and Families
- Providing Culturally Sensitive PBS to Families
- Membership, Belonging, and Development of “Soft Skills” within a PBS framework
- How Classmates Can Facilitate Positive Social Behaviors for Children with ASD
- Tier 3 Interventions and Supports – Behavior Technician Training for Paraprofessionals
- WTF – What’s the Function?
- Practical Ways to Decrease Challenging Behaviors in School, Home and Community Settings
- Girls Night Out: Lessons learned from a unique intervention for girls with autism
- Sex Matters: The secondary impact of low prevalence for girls and women with autism
- Special Challenges Faced by Mothers with ASD
Visit Autism Videos @ ACT for all new videos.
Donate to ACT
Visit our donation page to find more ways to support ACT’s work.