Over the past decade in British Columbia and internationally, recognition has grown that professionals must have advanced training if they are to support children and adults with ASD reach their potential. BC’s post-Secondary institutions have responded to this challenge and have made many more programs available. Increasingly post-Secondary programs are available online both from Canadian providers and from the US.
It is important to ensure that the course you are registering for is from an accredited university.
In recognition of the inquiries ACT receives from the community regarding obtaining a post-secondary education related to autism, we have developed a listing of autism-related programs offered by post-secondary institutions within British Columbia.
University of British Columbia
Dept. of Educational & Counselling Psychology & Special Education
Simon Fraser University
- Autism & Developmental Disorders Lab
- BA, Psychology Major with Concentration in Applied Behaviour Analysis – in partnership with Douglas College
- Behaviour Intervention Certificate Program
- Classroom and Community Support Diploma
- Early Childhood Education: Special Needs – Inclusive Practices Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Disability and Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Employment Supports Specialty Program
- Online Autism Outreach Training
- Bachelor of Arts, Applied Psychology with concentration in Disability and Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Applied Behaviour Analysis – Autism
* for students seeking a degree and BCaBA eligibility
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis – Autism
*45 credits (available on-line) for students with a bachelor’s degree seeking BCaBA eligibility
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Behaviour Analysis
* new for Fall 2018
* 18 credits part time (available on-line) for those seeking BCaBA coursework